It's been a lovely Sunday!
After lunch I got to help my big girl prepare for her GCSE Art mock exam tomorrow (5 hours of it!). As part of her 'Accessories' theme, she's making a handbag!
She has her own design all thought out, and tomorrow she gets to assemble it. Her design involves printing flowers onto the main panels of the bag, before sewing it together with a hippy fringe along the bottom. I can't wait to see the finished bag, she might even let me take a picture of it to show you!!
(She's now baking apple & cinammon cupcakes, the smell of which is making my mouth water as I sit and type this!)
I also got a bit of Bee Blessed sewing done. I've pieces cut out for 4 Log Cabin blocks, which I hope to sew on Saturday when we next meet.
|Awful pic! So sorry!|
My priority today was getting the big D9P quilt (now called 'Blessed to the Nines!') quilted and the binding attached.
This is a big quilt and has already been allocated to a needy home, so I wanted to crack on with it.
I stitched in the ditch on all the vertical and horizontal seams, and some inbetween seams too!
Now most folks will grown at the very mention of the 'D' word, but I recently acquired a stitch in the ditch foot, which made this process much easier and faster.
You just have to re-train your eye to watch the ditch guide in the centre of the foot, rather than the needle and where it is quilting.
I'd highly recommend this wee foot (which you can get for most makes of machine) if you've previously tried in the ditch quilting and hated it!
I might get a wee bit more 'present' sewing done tonight, but in the meantime have a lovely end to Sunday.