Saturday 26 May 2012

Sew With Mother!

Today there's a FQ Retreat linky party going on over at the Fat Quarterly Blog if you want to check out all the bloggers who'll be there next weekend.

Fat Quarterly

And as I'll be there in the flesh, I'm linking up too!

If you are visiting my blog for the first time, hello and welcome! I'm looking forward to meeting so many of you next weekend!  I'll be one of the few speaking with a Northern Irish accent and I'll be tagging along with some of my fellow Brit Bee gals, among others.

I've got all my workshop requirements gathered up (Saturday: Framed Purses and Potholes), and there might be a pressie or 12 making their way into my case too! (More on that after the weekend!).

Only 6 more sleeps for me, and then I'll be high in the sky!
                          *******************************************************

Anyone want to admit being old enough to remember 'Watch With Mother'?

I'm waaaaaaaaaay too young of course, but my youngest and I had a wee 'Sew With Mother' session today.

Her friend turns 11 next week, so instead of me turning out another pencil case/pouch/suitable gift, I said she could do it!

She choose a green and aqua palette and did a crazy patched front, and striped back:


Finished size: 10.5" x 6.5"


Doesn't the Fimo 'lolly' zipper pull match the lining well?

I only did the boring bits i.e. the zip and lining!

All we need now are some goodies to fill up this monster case and we're done!


Hope you've been enjoying some spectacular sunshine today!

30 comments:

  1. woohoo, FINALLY after all this time, I will get to meet you! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is good! Her and Helen would get along a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So looking forward to meeting you and I am doing the framed purses saturday morning too. See you on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeek! So exciting :-D Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Roomy :-) carnt wait to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving that lolly zipper! See you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter did a lovely job- it is hard not to cry with pride when your child actually expresses interest in sewing never mind talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab job by your daughter. When mine started being interested in sewing I went straight out and bought her a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mwah - cannot wait til the big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, am I the only one that is not organised and sorted? Better pull out that last minute crown again! :) Can't wait to finally meet you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, can't wait till the weekend now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sew with Mother looks like it was a sucess. Well done to both of you. Looking forward to meeting you 'proper like' next week. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughter made a lovely pouch, she has a good teacher! Have a safe trip and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very excited about meeting you. Must dash, need to link up to this x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally fabulous pouch by your little chip off the block!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, looking forward to seeing you! I see it was a total family effort on the pouch with the charm from eldest daughter too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, I remember Watch with mother! Looking forward to meeting you soon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to meeting you at the Retreat xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. She did a wonderful job - please pass on my admiration! Have a fabulous time in London!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great zippy pouch - see you next weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really looking forward to meeting you Judith!! Great zippy too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pouches, can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Way to go Miss B! What a productive session the two of you had. I take it the clever Miss S made the lollipop. Sooo looking forward to finally meeting you. 5 sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yey yey yey yey! Cannot wait to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looking forward to meeting you Judith! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, you've made lovely swap goodies!
    See you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely pouch! cute little fimo too I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, your daughter seems to be a natural! Or she inherited your talent?!
    Or both! The pouch looks great! My eldest son (4) always begs my to sew. I've shown him once on my old machine and he really liked it very much. Everytime he sees me sewing he wants to join in... maybe someday we will team up for birthday presents as well... Probably making tool belts and bike covers :o)

    See you Saturday, Judith!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo