Friday 18 May 2012

Say it with Flowers

We have a fund raiser for Bee Blessed coming up in June, and we are busy making items to sell at our craft table.

So far all I've managed to make are some crocheted brooches.



In my experience of selling at craft fairs, it's the smaller items that usually sell well.

I really like these myself!  But I probably won't get time to make myself one!  I'll just have to buy one back on the day!!!

But something came in the post yesterday just for me!

Cotton wadding and 4 poplin fqs!
These are my winnings from PippaBlue, who was sponsoring the Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland's new Bee naming competition.

My suggestion won, wait for it .................



Original or what!

Sadly, I'm already too over committed to other things to join the Bee this round, but there's always next year!

Hope you are having a great end to the week!

15 comments:

  1. Oooh winnings is good :-) Good luck getting enough done for bee blessed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brooches and the dotty winnings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooches are pretty and yay for the winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to buy one! Love my ladybirds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this are so lovely fabrics! I used the dark blue one and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those flowers and that fabric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winnings - woohoo! Good luck in your sale. I am sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More fabric...you are on a roll! I love your flowers - do you do mail order? Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for winning and love the brooches! They finished up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the win - and good luck with the fund raiser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snappy name for the bee ;o) Good luck with the fundraising!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute brooches! Congratulations on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Judith! I love the crocheted brooches-- they are lovely! Congrats on your winnings for naming the bee!! I like the fabrics you won. Good luck with your fundraiser!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute brooches, do some zippy coin purses and some keyrings to go with them! Lovely fabrics too, gotta love a dot! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo