Sunday 20 April 2014

Sunnyside!

The sun continued to shine on this glorious resurrection day!

We had a lovely family lunch out, and then walked some of it off by the shores of Lough Neagh!

Easter day '14

The rest of the day was spent in the garden.  Oh how I love sitting in my garden!

No sewing today!  But I can show you a quilt top I finished yesterday.

IMG_20140420_180920
Sorry about Poppy's rear in the pic!
This is my 2nd half hexie quilt top, this time using a layer cake by Kate Spain called Sunnyside!

I'm dithering on the backing for this one.  I want to keep it light and sunny, but don't have anything in my stash that is quite right!  Might have to go shopping (when they eventually reopen - Thursday over here!).

The first half hexie quilt top has now been basted and is ready for quilting!

Hope you are enjoying the Easter break!

Jude xo

9 comments:

  1. now I know where the sun was yesterday! Quilt looks good, I am sure you will find a great backing for it, our shops are open today, well the big ones but no plans to shop, I am going to try my hand at a bit of machine quilting, first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Kate Spain! This looks super, light and airy.
    Glad you had a good day with family, J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kste Spain too and the top is distinctively hers and very lovely. Just like your Easter day - sounds like it was special. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you shared the glorious weather.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you've been having a lovely weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you really get Easter break till Thursday? It looks like you are having a beautiful spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunshine thief - it rained all day yesterday and I got caught in a shower today too!
    Love the big hexies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jude! What a tasteful and exuberant top you've created! I enjoy seeing the play of the colors in the daylight -- against the Belfast brick, sky -- hovering over your lawn. And who's that little creature with such a cute tail? Shine on! kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo