Friday 4 April 2014

Half Hexie Fun!

I've been working on a birthday present for a(nother) friend who has a '0' ending birthday next month.

Rosie's Half Hexie quilt top

This quilt top is made using a layer cake (Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille), some yardage (Kona Snow, Paintbox by Michael Millar) and this half hexie 10" ruler.

Rosie's Half Hexie quilt top

I've decided to back this quilt in fluffy, snuggly red fleece!

I love this wee ruler so much, I hacked into another layer cake (Sunnyside by Kate Spain), changing the layout slightly so that full hexies extend into the border space.

Half Hexie Layer Cake quilt

I have the softest Kona Silver to put round the edges of this one!

And I have plans for a 3rd half hexie quilt (a sizzix die may also be involved!) wink wink!

More on that another day!

Happy Friday!

Jude xo

13 comments:

  1. can see how half hexies go so well together without any funny Y seams, must try some of these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith! Your NEW hair cut is Super! I like hexagons and you have used great colour combinations on these quilts! Would be fun to make a quilt with half hexagons using different Fabrics for the halves - perhaps same colour but different print and volume.
    Best wishes from Finland! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good x they look BIG x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt s, my birthday s in September ;)......just kidding
    Have a lovely weekend judith
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty gift! Your profile pic is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt has 2 of my favourite things in the world, hexagons and Bonnie and Camille fabric. It is easily a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to love a hexie, especially big ones xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ....just love the hexie quilts. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those big hexies. Both quilts look stunning

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're on fire! They're beautiful and will absolutely be loved. Scrumptious looks great in large hexies, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the quilts. here I am on a diet and you are talking about layer cakes and scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo