Wednesday 2 April 2014

Just a Number!

Someone who inspires and encourages me, and who I have the privilege to call 'friend' becomes a 'significant number' today!

She has a brilliant attitude to life, and even though she has the most beautiful silver hair, she has the energy of a 20 year old!

I wanted to make R a picture that would sum up her quirky and creative character!

Applique picture gift

All the elements in this picture are significant to R, the vintage lace, the lampshade, even the red boots!

The only thing I'm a little disappointed with is the short hair - looks more like a helmet I'm afraid!

Applique picture gift

But I'm hoping R won't mind looking like a 20 year old retro mod!

Applique picture Mar14

Another friend has a '0' ending birthday next month!  Better get moving on that present!

Jude xo

18 comments:

  1. Lots of 0ending birthdays this year! I love her cheeky smile. What a wonderful gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure she will love it and appreciate the work that has gone into it x like he new picture on your profile x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful, J. It will be loved and cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Judith - I'm sure she will love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute! Cant wait to get to my classes this semester - more just the excuse to go and buy fabric!! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I am sure she loved being immortalised like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fantastic. Spotted it on your mosaic yesterday and knew immediately who it was -red boots and lampshade were a giveaway! She most certainly is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful picture and I am sure your friend will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card - lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think R is a very lucky lady to have a friend like you who makes such exquisite things like this! It is just beautiful and she will be thrilled. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning gift, lucky friend :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful, what a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great, fab idea :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's brilliant, helmet head or not!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for sharing this with us as a bigger picture, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guessed it sraight away! The lamp and the lace. Well done, I am sure she will be delighted with it as much as I am with mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo