Monday 28 April 2014

A Scrumptious Finish!

I finally stopped the dithering over the binding for my friend's quilt, and just went with trusty black and white stripe - oh how I love stripey binding!

Rosie's 50th Quilt: Scrumptuous Half Hexie
Finished size 57" x 60" (including the big crease down the centre!!)
This is my first half hexie quilt, using this tool, a Bonnie & Camille Scrumptious Layer cake and some Kona Snow.

And while I've made some adjustments to subsequent half hexie quilts (yet to finish), I really love how this one has turned out.

Rosie's 50th Quilt: Scrumptuous Half Hexie

I've backed this one with red fleece, to make it super snuggly!  Our evenings can still be chilly here, so hopefully my friend will still get to use it straight away!

Rosie's 50th Quilt: Scrumptuous Half Hexie

I quilted in the ditches of the hexies, as well as a diamond/zigzag pattern through the centres.

Rosie's 50th Quilt: Scrumptuous Half Hexie

The handover is this Friday night, at the 70's themed party!  I'm supposed to dress up, but I'm chickening out!

Happy sewing!

Jude xo

13 comments:

  1. Love the quilting on this! Oh, and you have to dress up, and share pics ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The binding is just perfect! And i love your quilting, it given so much structure, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice this, lovely fabric and quilting, maybe I need the template too Wondering if I can just cut full hexies then cut in half or maybe there will be problems with a seam allowance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt, but hate dressing up! The stripy binding is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole thing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stripes really make it sing, it is such a happy quilt and sure to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Couldn't you compromise and wear your pink flowery vintage skirt - it's summery 70s no?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilting, love the binding, and yes, you must dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh beautiful!
    Party pooper (don't blame you though!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the binding too. sympathise with the dressing up, apparently I want a 70s disco party for my birthday. do I? do I?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd be with you at that party...no way you're getting me into floral polyester!
    Your quilt is incredibly beautiful. I love how well this pattern shows off the Scrumptious prints.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo