Wednesday 15 August 2012

Coming Along!

Today was frustrating.

I have several projects on the go at the moment that require 'a good run' at them.  You know what I mean?  A chunk of time to really progress them to the next stages.

I soooooo wanted today to be like that!  Alas not!

I tootled about on this and that all morning, until I had to don my Taxi driver uniform and start the to-ing and fro-ing with kids (& husband) all over the place!  To make matters worse, road works at every turn and the worst rain we've had in weeks made the journeys twice as long!  Aargghh!

But I was determined to get some proper sewing done today.  When I got back I sewed like fury and got this commission quilt top finished:

The colours are much nicer in real life!
And I also got a bit done on one of my (3) vintage sheets quilts, so fingers crossed I'll have a few more quilt tops done soon. 

I've also decided to give my church pew a makeover!  Here's what it looked liked before my daughter and I attacked it with cream paint!


I need to buy more paint to get it finished, hopefully before our visitors arrive next week!

I hope you've had a non-frustrating day!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I know that need for large blocks of time! Still, you did great on the commission quilt :o) Wasn't that rain awful though?! We just got it as I was turning the corner at the end of my road, walking home from work. I just got in before it really threw it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope today is sunny, dry and free from taxi duties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilt top and we had torrential rain yesterday too. Today is better for the moment at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My children are the only frustrating thing in my life right now. I made the mistake of telling a friend they had been getting on really well. It has been hell ever since. Ready to runaway from home. But we will endure, and school will start again eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jude... poo to crap weather and taxi driving... I hope you get the time you deserve soon. Lovely top, and the vintage ones were gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a frustrating day, you sure did brilliantly. Your commissioned quilt top is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your commissioned quilt top looks lovely - great rich colours! and that pew will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the weather fines up for your guests. Don't paint the bench for your visitors, get them to paint it for you!! ;-) put them to good use. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S you've done a great job on that quilt top x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems you have done wonderfully, despite the day. I love the pew, I hope you show it off once it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see your revamped pew. Lovely value quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo