Thursday 16 August 2012

A Vintage Line!

I managed to get the house to myself for an hour or two today, and cracked on with some sewing.

2 of my vintage quilt tops are now finished:


It was so bright and breezy today, I couldn't get a good picture of them, so I took them inside and draped them over my dining table.


This one is for my friend's birthday next month.  One of those purple squares in the centre is from my pillowcase when I was wee!  It's the softest brushed cotton!


This one is for my niece who's had a really tough year. 

I've almost finished the top of the 3rd one, which will be for me!

So a productive day today!

Tomorrow my nephew comes to stay for the weekend.  He's 6, has cerebral palsy and is an adorable cheeky chap!  My girls love having him here.  So I don't think there'll be too much sewing done!

And before I go, if you love cute Russian dolls, check out these!

12 comments:

  1. Really lovely vintage style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super! So glad to hear your tide has turned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful I love the assortment of fabrics!
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I think the one for ur niece is my fac with the pink in the middle!! This will cheer her up! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt tops, and love that some of the vintage fabrics hold memories. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those quilt tops are gorgeous - such great colours and designs in the fabric. Have fun with your nephew at the weekend too. Did someone mention Russian dolls? off to click on the link ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilt tops are beautiful, such nice presents. Enjoy your weekend with your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt tops, Judith!! I'm sure their recipients are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tops, hope you're all having loads of fun with your nephew :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vintage tops, gorgeous! Have a fab fun filled weekend! Love the Russian dolls but can't do anything about it from here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo