Sunday 24 July 2011

Beginners' Makes

Well my Beginners worked liked trojans yesterday and got their log cabin cushions finished.


This was day 3 of 4, and it all came together for them - they loved it.  Some of them haven't sewn before, or in a long time, and certainly haven't made a cushion before, so the smiles were just a picture.

How creative they were, recycling lots of textiles.
With some time remaining, they quickly got stuck into cutting and starting their handbags.  

They'll get these finished on their final day with me next month, and I'm sure I'll have more smiley pictures to show you.

A big 'thank you' to my right hand woman, Sarah, for her amazing support and assistance during the day.  You make life a lot sweeter!

And today?

The sun is shining brilliantly in an amazing blue sky, and I've had almost a whole day sitting outside enjoying my garden and sewing hexies.


My shins have turned a lovely shade of spit-roast pink (think they might be sore tonight!) but that's okay - in 2 days time they'll be back to apple-white!

Before I go, I must recommend a book I've just finished - The Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield.  


This is one of the best books I've read in a long time, AND it has a satisfactory ending (how rare is that?).  I got this one from the library.  If you like a bit of mystery with an historical edge thrown in, then you'll enjoy reading this one, and it's brilliantly written.

Have you read anything good recently, with a really good ending?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to have helped all these lovely ladies a step closer to the addiction of making things for themselves! Great cushions and the bags they started will be lovely too. Hexies in the sunshine what a fabulous way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy class - great job Jo. (aren't they all young??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cushions, and what a gorgeous pile of hexies! Glad you're getting your dose of sun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making people smile, making hexies and sunshine - how brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the book recommendation. And those students are smiling with their wonderful cushions because they have such a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo