Sunday 26 June 2011

Trunks Away!!

I've had a wonderful day!  

Another day of celebrations thanks to my lovely sister, who hosted a lovely get-to-gether at her home.

I live 25 miles away from my parents & my sister and her family, so this was their day for celebrating birthdays with me & my youngest.

L-R: Sister, mum, me, dad
There was champers ..............


...........little gifts ..................


and the one I was really hoping for ................





A trunk!

This is what I've been wanting to store my quilts and cushions in at night so our dog won't chew holes in them.  Isn't it fab!

I was so worried someone was going to jump out of it when I opened it!!

This is a joint gift from my sister and brother, who lives in England.

And while I was there, I managed a pic of my nephew and the colour brick quilt I made him for his birthday earlier this month.  He loves his quilt and insists on sleeping under it, even in summer!

The 'big' nephew is the quilt owner!  Cheeky chops just decided to get in on the action!
And of course there was lots of food and birthday cake!

The other birthday girl with her new camera!


My wonderful, crazy family!
Thank you to you all for scheming, keeping secrets and making this a wonderful birthday!

Tomorrow - shopping!

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous day and a great trunk. You look so happy (obviously!) and your family looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and your daughter had a wonderful birthday celebration with family and great gifts. That is a great trunk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day! Glad I put sunshine on my birthday list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a great day! I love your trunk... I love trunks, I've got one but its at mum and dads cos this house has no room in it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so late with all the birthday well wishes this week! Doh!! Can I say, though, you are looking FABULOUS!!! *Love* your hair and have you always had those specs? They are amazing (I make specs so judging them is an occupational hazard!!) and I don't know if it's the happy times but you don't look anything like 40. So there. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had a great day-happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous photos of your family birthday celebrations. What a beautiful trunk!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo