Monday 25 February 2013

My Very Special Quilt!

It is finished!

2012 Brit Bee Quilt

This is my 2012 Brit Bee quilt, made by 12 women, who joined an online bee early 2012 as complete strangers.  We are all now firm friends, who can laugh, cry, moan, and eat heartily together!

2012 Brit Bee Quilt

I set a Log Cabin theme for the blocks, and asked folks to personalise the centre of their blocks, with a favourite fabric, some embroidery etc. Like any self-respecting parent, I don't have favourites, I love how each and every block reveals something of their maker, but it has made photographing it fairly quite a challenge! Apologies in advance if I haven't managed to get everyone's block photographed.

2012 Brit Bee Quilt

Yesterday, I talked about the circular quilting I decided on.  I'm delighted with how it turned out!

2012 Brit Bee Quilt
The back - Giant Log Cabin

P1010120
A Brit Bee!  How cute is that!
2012 Brit Bee Quilt

To say that this quilt will be very, very special to me for a long time, is probably an understatement!  Can you tell how much I love it!!

2012 Brit Bee Quilt
 

Thank you ladies for being so inspiring, encouraging, cheeky funny & of course, talented!

2012 Brit Bee Quilt

I can't wait to get my 2013 Brit Bee quilts finished!
Jxo

25 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Judith. And so special. I might have to give circular quilting a try :)

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is fab - no wonder it's a firm favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous Judith! Your quilting is just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful! And as special as you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so fantastic Judith! Both sides are beautiful and all the colourful fabrics are so wonderful with the dark blue! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is brilliant and I am so happy to be a small part of it. Even happier to be a privileged member of Brit Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judith it look utterly amazing! The blocks are beautiful and I love the giant log cabin. The quilting is just perfect... as is your hair!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's wonderful, Judith. It's amazing how special these quilts can make you feel. So precious. Great job Brit Bee ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea - it's perfect Judith! The quilting works so well with the angles of the log cabins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not even my quilt and I am squealing with delight!! Health to enjoy your fabulous, special quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is beautiful both in colour, quilting and the friendships woven into it. It is definitely a special quilt. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love how this turned out - so perfectly you from all of (perfect) us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous, love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a fabulous quilt, love the quilting too

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beauty, looks fantastic. I so love the double sided idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is truly special - how lovely to have a little piece of everyone's personality sewn onto the quilt. And I love the back and how it's quilted. Truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how each block is personalised, rather than all the same....and I guess lovely friendships for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A truly awesome quilt. Such a lovely reminder of great friendships :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So them and so very you Jude - now curl up and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's awesome...both the front and the back are beautiful! What a treasured quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the appearance of spiral quilting. It's become the in thing recently. I did it for the first time in January, but found it time consuming and a pain in the bum. I did a spiral instead of concentric circles and in a dumb moment went the wrong direction! So, the size of the quilt going through the throat of the machine got bigger instead of smaller! Doh! But, the quilting does look wonderful and I'll try it again, going the other way next time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really love it Jude, and the quilting is awesome. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo