Wednesday 27 February 2013

Donating Wonky Chevrons!

Last September it was my month to be Queen Bee in the Hipbees quilting bee.

I asked these super talented ladies to each make me a Wonky Chevron block with some rainbow scraps I sent them, and they didn't disappoint!

Hipbees wonky chevron quilt


Here they all are, sewn together, with the extra yellow chevrons that Di kindly made, in the borders.

It was so bright and sunny earlier this week when I snapped this, that the yellow gingham border looks really insipid.  But rest assured, it isn't half as washed out as it appears here!

I've thought long and hard about what to 'do' with this quilt, and after running an idea past my lovely Hipbee ladies, have decided to donate this cot size quilt to our local Mums and Babies HIV unit. 

Bee Blessed have been making kiddy quilts for this unit recently, and this one will join the growing pile which will soon be handed over to some very needy families.

And the other sewing I've done this week ...

Spiders Web Block Feb13

... a scrappy Spider's web block for Thursday's Block Party class.

And I've also been chopping into these ...

FQs for Jonah's quilt

... which will hopefully become a 'boy' quilt for a very special wee man!

Happy Wednesday!

Jxo

15 comments:

  1. Love those chevrons, and the spider web block is fab! Looking for some scrap busting but simple enough ideas for a baby quilt for a friend... might try a few of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your scrappy spiders....and the boy fabrics coordinate well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chevron looks great! Someone will be very lucky! I love the spider web block

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt top! Gorgeous colours in it and it will be so loved by someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea to donate this quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. A post full of loveliness. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely donation :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wonky chevron quilt and looking forward to seeing what those fabrics become.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout of the wonky chevrons, such a fun quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt and a really thoughtful donation - you're as beautiful inside as you are outside xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you - it's gorgeous Jude!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, that spider web is just beautiful. Lovely chevrons too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats really great!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo