Saturday 2 February 2013

February is My Month!

I'm queen bee for February in the Brit Bee.

I stewed and wrangled over ideas for a while, and nothing seemed quite right! So I went back to my Pinterest Inspiration Board and it all started to come together.

I had pinned this beauty from Red Pepper Quilts a while ago ...


.... and thought it would make a wonderful wallhanging above my bed.  I don't have a headboard, so the large wall space will easily accommodate this.

Now my bedroom is decorated in soft browns (!!) and duck egg blues. I will never apologise for liking the colour brown, but I love my Brit Bee-ers too much to inflict the colour on them!

So I've asked them to make me the scrappy duck egg blue parts of the giant star.  The half blocks look like this:

Brit Bee Block 1 Feb13
The other half of these blocks will be paired with natural linen or brown solid.
And being the chancer that I am, I'm also asking them to make me another block.  This is a 2 block bee afterall!

The 2nd block will be for a completely different quilt, using my recently acquired vintage fqs.  Again, I had pinned this beauty, but wanted to reverse the solids and patterns.  So the block will look like this:

Brit Bee Block 2 Feb13
I have a particular affection for the colour purple!
And because I'm such a kind hearted queen bee (if a demanding one!) I have pre-cut EVERYTHING!

I can't wait to get my blocks back, some of which will be hand-delivered (over there)!  Squeeeeeeee!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour combinations! That will make lovely quilts. I have a space above the couch in the living room, which is waiting for a quilt I am going to make!!! I really need more hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as you've precut them I think you have set an easy, and gorgeous, task for us this month. Looking forward to seeing those vintage purples. And looking forward to seeing you even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned the same quilt! If you don't mind me asking, what size are your HST's -- what size are you shooting for in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scrappy duck egg blue quilt will be simply stunning and I ahven't seen the block for the vintage sheets before. You are not having another Brit Bee meet up are you? Just to make the rest of us envious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the star. It is absolutely amazing! HST are brilliant. I start to love them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those purples are superb, love how you're using them, you can be my vintage sheet advert! I just seem to collect them and not sew with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like brown (especially rich tones like chocolate!). The duck egg blue star will look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both blocks are fantastic, Judith! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. For you, its no problem :-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of those purple vintage FQs, and the blues in the other square are just gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squeeeeeeee! Looking forward to bee blocks and hand delivering! Especially hand delivering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you folks are getting together again, what a great idea. Your blocks are both lovely, you will have excellent quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love to see the sheets being used, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great month of blocks you'll be getting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 quilts eh? Nice going but you should have given them some brown! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can already say these are lovely to make - and even I don't mind stitching other people's brown as they leave me soon enough! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These will be fab but I think you are spoiling those worker bees!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The giant star is going g to look fantastic in those colours

    ReplyDelete
  19. Triangles, so many triangles... :'( *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Having another party chez Susan?

    Great choices! How nice to have your bee mates watching over you in the bedroom... ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo