Monday 17 June 2013

Presidents & Pencil Cases!

At one stage this morning, a rather well known President was not half a mile away from me! There's been quite a stir here in sleepy N.I. as we welcome 8 of the world's most influential leaders for the G8 Summit!

Something else I can't quite believe is that my kids have only 8.5 schools days left before the summer holidays start here!  Yikes!

So a few end of term pressies were rattled out over yesterday and today!

Pencil Cases
Pencil Case 1: Front & Back
Now that all my kids are in 'big school' there's no more making teacher presents! But there are still the last minute birthday gift and 'best friend swaps' to make!

Pencil Cases
Pencil Case 2: Front & Back
For all these pencil cases I chose pre-cut squares from my scrap-vomit box. Daughter no.3 loves an eclectic mix of colours and prints - let's hope her 2 friends do as well!

Pencil Cases
Pencil Case 3: Front & Back
I finished the cases off with Daughter no.3's fimo lolly pop zipper pulls!

Pencil Cases

That's another tick off the present making list!  Shirley the Cow got some attention today too, but more on that another day!

Have a good one!

Jxo

13 comments:

  1. These are lovely, I'm sure they will make recipients really happy. Love the lolly pop pull, how wonderfully fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am growing to love scrap vomit more and more. Lovely pouches.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great end of year pressies! Keep another few handy in case you meet a G8 member or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those girls sure do keep you busy making presents! Didn't you invite President OB for tea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pouches and lovely fabrics, Judith! Wow, you have had exitment in your town! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pencil cases - do you think the president would like a couple for his girls?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, i'm sure they'll be well received. Did you go and wave a little flag at the Pres then??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love these pencil cases they're fabulous !! What a great day for Northern Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed BO yesterday. Did Michelle and the girls slip off to yours? Your girls are so fortunate to have a sewing mum to whip up those lovely pencil cases for them. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pencil cases are great! I can't believe how soon it is until they finish next Friday here :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pencil cases are great! I can't believe how soon it is until they finish next Friday here :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good mum; did you make one each for the G8?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well churned out! I never got nice handmade pressies when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo