Friday 19 April 2013

Don't Shoot The Messenger!

Bee Blessed was due to meet this Saturday, but I've had to cancel it due to a contentious paramilitary parade happening in our area. Boo!

It's been a few weeks now since we've got together, and we were looking forward to catching up and progressing the many quilts we have on the go! 

We've rescheduled BB for next Saturday.  Hopefully, the parade will pass over peacefully!

On the theme of messengers, I can show you the messenger bag I've made this week!

PicMonkey Collage

Following on from this one I made for my niece, I decided to make one for myself, but also to develop it as a potential future class.

I added a zippered pocket in the flap - when I pitch up to class with my arms loaded with stuff, I need a handy, easy access pocket for my classroom keys.  I'm planning to make a cute zipper pull for it!

I have some lush linen pulled to make a 2nd one, when I get some zips to match!  Here's an idea of the scale of the bag (approx. 14" x 13" x 3"):

messenger bag 010
That poke at the bottom disappears when the bag is filled with my rubbish belongings!
My new bag got its first test drive today and it didn't disappoint!

I've also managed to turn my Low Volume Charm Squares into something!

LV Charms

But more on that another day!

Happy Friday!



16 comments:

  1. Love your messenger bag so much!!!! Everything about this bag is totally gorgeous. I am swooning away here!

    Can't wait to see what you're up to with your low volume charms too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely bag, Judith. Love all the pretty fabric, and the zippers, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new bag and can't wait to see what you're doing with those strips! Sorry you had to cancel BB, hope you get together soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bag, Judith! I haven't had massanger for a long time and would like to make one! I love your low volume fabrics and flower pins! Have a great weekend! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag looks great and intrigued by your plans for the low volume squares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag looks great, as do you (always).

    ReplyDelete
  7. stupid parade :( but totally love your bag please make it a class :)

    rachael

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bag, and great plans in the making xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloody marches, I guess I'd better watch out round here too ('cos, you know, the idiots come out in sympathy)

    Bag looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shape and strap length on that bag. I've been asked o teach a class but am hesitating over it. The stress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bag and looking forward to seeing what the low volumes will be transformed in to

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great messenger bag J and I approve of all the pockets! LV intrigue eh? Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Judith ....love the bag and fabric, its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, when I started using Feedly instead of Google Reader and then got terribly behind, I had not noticed that your blog disappeared. So I have put you back and have caught up with your posts and will visit more regularly now I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where can I get those cool pins that are row markers? They are great. Your bag looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic looking bag...bet it holds A LOT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo