Tuesday 24 January 2012

Between the Lines!

I've been doing nothing but quilting the past 2 days, and feel like my arms could rival a gorilla!

I went up to the sewing room yesterday morning, fully intending on just quilting a diagonal line through each block, both ways.

But never one to stick to the original plan, I thought the one-directional lines were more appealing, did a few more either side of each line, and then thought 'what the heck' and quilted the whole darn thing in condensed diagonal lines (it's all Hadley's fault!).


Most of them are straight-ish and 3/4" apart, but I found I achieved more accuracy chalking out the lines before hand, rather than using the quilting guide attachment for my machine.

I've just got the border to quilt now, then I can move on to the binding.

Wanna see another recycling tip?  Here's one for you Crochet-ers & Knitters!

Turn one of these ....
You'd be forgiven for thinking that I use this stuff in my cooking!
...into one of these!


Enjoy your Tuesday!

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, looking good, can't wait to see the whole thing! Alas, even if I were into croshet, I actually use those wee jars to store my herbs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodnes Judith, you are flying along! looks wonderful but did I read that right? gonna have scroll up and check ... hang on .... yep I did. 3/4" apart! No wonder you feel like a gorilla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet your shoulders ache too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a tease! I want to see more! :o) Look forward to the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you blame me for a brilliant idea!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see the quilting is goin so well! Hope the arms and shoulders are bearing up okay...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quilting looking good. I hope the arms and shoulders will recover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and Hadley both are stars - stop reading this and get it finished then! We want to see the end result!

    Great idea - a hooks cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the whole quilt but don't forget to take a break every now and again!! The jar cover looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo