Sunday 3 April 2011

Mother's Day Inspiration!

Look what I got!


As soon as I saw the vibrant colours of my gorgeous flowers I thought 'if these were fabrics you could make a stunning quilt with them!'. 

The label on the flowers was 'Tutti Fruiti' - even the name fits!

I think I'll keep this picture as inspiration for a red/orange/pink/green quilt one day.  Look out for 'Tutti Fruiti'!

Dresden QAL Progress:

Centre circle inserted. 


There's no getting away from it - circles are darn right fiddly, but with a little patience, it works!

Thanks to Lynne at Lily's Quilts for her superb instructions, which definitely made this process successful.

1 comment:

  1. These colours remind me of those fruit salad sweeties that made your mout water (but pulled your teeth out). These are delicious colours and would make a fab quilt. Dresden circle coming along superbly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo