Saturday 30 April 2011

Completed Dresden QAL & other works!

I went away this week armed with projects, bags of scraps, cutting mat & ruler and of course Mr Pfaff!

I got my Dresden Plate Quilt finished - (the Lily's Quilts Quilt Along) - hooray! 





Check out the QAL Flickr Group for other amazing creations.

A big THANK YOU to Lynne of Lily's Quilts for hosting/directing & inspiring us through a fab Quilt Along.

I made a start on the Aneela Hoey (Comfort Stitching) Crazy Scrappy Blocks QAL.








These were such a lot of fun to make!  I love using scraps and the crazy patchwork technique, so these were a dream to make.

I have 5 more blocks to make for what will be a long awaited throw for my eldest daughter.

I even got a few granny squares crocheted to add to my slowly growing throw!


So all in all a productive week doing non-work projects. Delightful!

7 comments:

  1. Very productive and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!! I bet your family thought you were mad taking the photos at the beach! They look great though - hope the scallop shells made it home too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy bee! Great to see you had some fun with the Pfaff. Your QAL mini-quilt has turned out so fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read 3 blogs and viewed 3 finished Dresdens, it looks super. You have been very busy, I surprised myself last year by enjoying crazy piecing, it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So impressed with how much you got done and how lovely everything is. Your granny square colours are gorgeous. I may have to try that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE all your projects-- especially the crazy scrappy blocks and the way you displayed your Dresden plate with rocks and shells! First time visit to your site and I'm going to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dresden looks beautiful! I STILL haven't got mine finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo