Monday 11 April 2011

Eye Spy - a quilt (well, almost!)

Once I finally decided on my sashing  .....................

Navy was too dark & heavy - hastily unpicked!

White was much more balanced!
...........I had a great time piecing all my little squares together.

The unfussy white sashing allows the pictures to stand out.

I spy something beginning with ................ C!

..............something beginning with ..................P!


It took a wee bit of canny calculating to work out how to fit borders made up of 3" squares around a the 4" squared centres, but I got there in the end (amazingly!).

So that's the front done!  Yippee!

And now for the quilting (deep breath!). 

I'm still contemplating how to quilt this little piece of fun (it's only 37" x 37"), but I think there will be some free motioning in there somewhere!

P.s. If the thought of fussy cutting has you reaching for the brown paper bag (to breath into!) then this is either not for you, or it will completely cure you of FCP (Fussy Cutting Phobia)!  I'll let you decide!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Judith, this is so beautiful! What a treasure. I love how the border is made up of those little 3" squares - well done on the maths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt! I love the white binding......great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I love quilts with a lot of white in them, they always seem more relaxing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about doing an Eye Spy quilt once but when I went through my stash it turned out that there weren't actually many fabrics I could fussy cut into interesting 'spies'. It is on my list of things to do though and I hope that when I do accomplish it, it looks half as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo