Wednesday 30 March 2011

Picnic Rug Progress

Last week I started working on turning blue & orange rectangles into a 'bricked' effect picnic rug.

Here's what I've done so far:




I've been in a bit of a dither over the quilting of this, 'cos I didn't feel the 'outline seam' quilting was enough, and the plain orange 'path' through the middle needed broken up a bit. 

A single line of quilting through the plain orange didn't satisfy either, and I'd done too much to then start free motioning all over it!  What to do?

After much deliberating, I used some of the fabric leftovers to make hexagons & laid them on the quilt in various ways to see what worked.



I'm liking it better now.  This pile of mess will be the binding:


Almost there!  Check back in a day or two to see the finished quilt!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! Look forward to seeing the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever of you - the hexies make an amazing difference to that central orange path!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! Love that fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo