Monday 28 March 2011

Not so fishy!!

Lynne from Lily's Quilts very kindly posted a tute on a mug rug called Fishy Piecing.



I always love the look of curved piecing, but don't usually enjoy the process, but I thought I'd have a go anyway:




'This looks nothing like Lynne's' I hear you cry! And you're right!

When I got mine to the stage where the fishy shapes were pieced, I had an overwhelming urge to slice up my fish!  (must have been a bit peckish at the time!).

After slicing through the fish, I swapped the new strips around and pieced them back together with more white stips in between. 


 Some random quilting lines completed my 'not so fishy' mugrug!

I had a lot of fun making this.  Thanks Lynne for the tute.

Mug Rug Madness Week:

As this 10 day period of madness draws to a close, I thought I'd post one more mugrug:




You can see lots more mug rugs on flickr.

3 comments:

  1. Like this mixed up mosaic fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your mug rugs. I am going to do some more playing this week too. I joined this bandwagon late but I am really having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo