Saturday 12 March 2011

'Mum I need a present!'

This was the declaration from my eldest daughter when she got home from school on Friday. 

It's the birthday of one of her best friends on Monday.  Being car-less all weekend meant  no shops (hooray!) and instead, rustling up a handbag for the birthday girl (a 15 year old can never have too many bags!).

I recycled a child's dress for the centre panels, a summery yellow pillowcase for the lining, and leftover denim offcuts for the rest. 

Crisis averted! (til the next one!)

1 comment:

  1. Crisis Aversion is no 43 on the list of mum duties! Great job - I love the way the middle panel fabric is allowed to be the feature and the little flower embellishments make it fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo