Thursday 3 March 2011

Demon Iron!

Last night I was making great progress on a present for my friend's daughter. 



My back was turned for a second when smoke started pouring out of my iron.  I switched the steam setting off and tried it on the ironing board - big mistake!


I quickly realised the iron had become possessed and went into super-nova heat.  I ran downstairs with it, trying to avoid the smoke alarms, and chucked it out the back door!


Don't be fooled by this innocent looking device!
 How annoying!  Lots of seams still to sew and press open, so I'm on the hunt for a new iron today!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Glad it didn't scorch your fabric! The geese look very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEK! Good job you tried it on the ironing board first! Those flying geese look so lovely and the colours are so appley fresh. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo