Friday 23 September 2016

Folksy Tea Cosy!

Sewing World asked me to make a Scandi inspired Tea Cosy for their October issue.

After much deliberation I broke with tradition and chose felt to best illustrate my design.

Folksy Tea Cosy

I used my trusty Essex Yarn Dyed Linen (Flax) for the background.  I think the rustic linen gives a lovely foundation for the tactile felt.

Folksy Tea Cosy

I bondawebbed the shapes down (took quite a bit of heat to adhere) and then had to decide on how to applique them.

I haven't free motion sketched on felt before so wasn't sure if my risky decision would pay off.  But I'm really pleased with the added texture it gives to the felt.

Folksy Tea Cosy
Photo: Sewing World
I hope you like my cute cosy, and my nod to all things Folksy!

(The October issue of Sewing World is in the shops now.)

Thank you everyone for your continued comments.  I always reply to comments, so if you don't get a reply from me or an answer to your question, it means you are a 'no reply comment blogger' and your email address doesn't register with your comment. Please leave your email address in the comment box so I can reply to you.


Jude xo

22 comments:

  1. Ooh, that felt is gorgeous, and your stitching looks fab, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey and fresh,would brighten up any breakfast table. Doti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this. I have always liked that felt folksy look. This looks a really cosy tea cosy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! So bright and cheerful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The felt has come up beautifully with the sketching stitche. All puffy and gorgeous. Nice project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is folksy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gbwhatsapp
    gbwhatsapp apk
    gbwhatsapp download
    gbwhatsapp for android
    gbwhatsapp for ios
    gbwhatsapp iphone
    we are giving you an easy way out. We are here to tell you how to download it without any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. หนังออนไลน์ หนังใหม่ดูฟรี Time Freak ไทม์ฟรีค (2018) หนังฟรีสนุกๆที่นี่

    https://www.doonung1234.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. เล่นเลย เครดิตฟรี joker slot online แจกโบนัสมากมาย
    https://www.slot4u.com/joker123

    ReplyDelete
  12. Including various techniques of gambling, both disadvantages and disadvantages. Various techniques that the gambler should know kingabdullahsjf

    ReplyDelete
  13. pg slot thailand official เว็บแท้ นับเป็นแหล่งรวมเกมสล็อตที่ให้ประสบการณ์การเล่นที่น่าตื่นเต้นและสนุกสนานมากที่สุดในออนไลน์ด้วยการนำเสนอหลากหลายเกม PG ที่มีกราฟิกที่สวยงาม

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo