Thursday 14 April 2016

Spring Rain Quilt!

Spring rain is something we get lots of here in N.Ireland!!  In fact we also get lots of Summer, Autumn and Winter rain too!

But I'm hoping you could live with this kind of spring rain all year round!!

Spring Rain Quilt (April Issue Pretty Patches)
63" x 63"

This is my 'Spring Rain' quilt, as seen in the April issue of Pretty Patches.

Pretty Patches very kindly sent me the cutest bundle of fabrics called 'Spring Walk' by Little Cube.

Spring Walk

While spring can inspire many images, I immediately thought of raindrops (I wonder why!!) and showcased the fabrics in raindrop shaped portholes.

Spring Rain Quilt (April Issue Pretty Patches)

I really enjoyed making this quilt and it was such a lovely bonus to see it on the front cover!

Spring Rain Quilt (April issue Pretty Patches)

One of the many things I love about spring is that it is the season of growth!  I have been doing a lot of personal growing lately, getting fitter physically and mentally.

And all the new growth in my little garden is a lovely reminder that no matter what is going on in our lives, there are always new opportunities to grow!

My garden (spring)

My garden (spring)

My garden (spring)



Happy growing!

Jude xo

7 comments:

  1. I love the custom fabrics that continue the raindrop theme! Lovely garden photos-don't you just love spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks wonderful ... and without the rain you would not have the fabulous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous quilt and looks quick and easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this magazine specifically for this quilt on the front cover, as soon as I saw it at the supermarket I had to buy it. Only when I got it home did I realise that it was one of your wonderful designs. I have some April Showers by Bonnie and Camille that I will be using for the raindrops. It may have been a very rainy week here but we woke up to thick snow this morning. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super quilt and fab FMQ! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that raindrop shape. The quilt is lots of fun. Well done on making the cover. Your garden photography makes me feel very sorry for my miserable plot - another thing on the to do list that I never quite seem to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! Your garden also looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo