Thursday 7 April 2016

'Nicey Jane' Birthday Quilt

On 3rd April 2015, I photographed this flimsy:

'Nicey Jane' quilt top

I had acquired some 'Nicey Jane' squares by Heather Bailey, an old line which has long since been discontinued.

I sewed the squares together, with no purpose in mind.  Then folded it away, out of sight, out of mind!

But I'm happy to say, exactly 1 year later (spookey eh?) I finished the binding and it now looks like this:

(Heather Bailey) 18th Birthday Quilt

A friend very kindly quilted this for me on her domestic frame, which enabled me to get it bound, finished and posted to my 'pink loving' niece for her 18th birthday!

(Heather Bailey) 18th Birthday Quilt
I love how pretty these fabrics are.  And did you know that 'Nicey Jane' has been reprinted and is currently available in The Fat Quarter Shop!

(Heather Bailey) 18th Birthday Quilt

I guess if you hold on to something long enough it all comes around again!

Happy hoarding!

Jude xo

3 comments:

  1. Lovely!!! I adore Nicey Jane, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's my philosophy for not only my sewing, but also my knitting, and i'm sorry to say it, my wardrobe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo