I was delighted when I got several vintage purples in the recent Vintage Fat Quarter Swap.
In February I was queenie in Brit Bee and used these vintage purples and some Deep Violet Kona as part 1 of what I asked my buddies to make.
And like the obedient little worker bees that they are, they all made me a 12.5" unfinished block!
Sadly, one of the blocks didn't make it home (along with part 2 block - more on that another day). Thanks a bunch Royal Mail!!!
So a change of plan to the final design was needed, along with some extra blocks made from leftover fabric!
This is the quilt top so far! That cute mini pinwheel block was made by this brilliant worker bee, from the leftover cuts from the main block, and several others did the same!
Aren't these so cute! These will be making their way into the back, along with the siggys (when I eventually get them all - hint, hint girls - you know who you are!).
I'm really liking the mitred border on the mini block, and am thinking of mirroring this as an outer border. This will help to bring the quilt up to size a bit (it's only 44.5" x 53" at the moment).
As for the part 2 blocks I asked my girls to make - well that's a whole other post!
Have a great start to your new week!