Saturday 25 July 2015

A Little Dabble with Denim!

How has your week been?

There's been the usual flurry of activity here at the Hollies Household, with 2 extra lovely uni guests entertaining us!

I've managed to snatch some sewing time here and there, playing mostly with one of my favourite textiles - denim!

Denim projects
Satin stitch applique and twin needling
Denim projects
English Paper Pieced denim hexies


Denim projects
Selvedge strips & denim
These will hopefully become handbags of varying shapes and sizes, all to be revealed in good time!

Denim projects
Porthole selvedge hexie!
I've also been doing a little secret Christmas sewing, but I'm afraid you will have to wait until the Merry season to see the rest!

Scandi applique

I hope you are having a sewing summer!  

Apparently we are getting monsoon like conditions tomorrow (!!) Batten down the hatches!

Jude xo

7 comments:

  1. Love that hexie porthole, and the orange thread makes it so 'jeans-y'. Thick to work portholes on though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of it but the hexies are especially nice, but also thinking, thick to work with?
    Expecting the monsoon here too but a beautiful start so far - I have my first workshop of the new session - Christmas in July here today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said you were playing with denim you really meant it. Lovely stuff. Hexies have come out well and love the satin stitch and porthole. Keep that foot rested though. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy! Love all the denim and the porthole looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your denim projects - that porthole is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denim and hexies? A match made in heaven!


    P.S. How's the ankle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, denim hexies - damn, another idea to add to the "I want to" list- as if it wasn't long enough already!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo