Thursday 12 May 2011

Gift Pouches Complete!

Well I got the little purses completed for the 3 lovely sisters who donated clothes to my girls:



I was following the Flossie Teacakes tutorial which featured the covered zip ends.






This was a v.fiddly project and I'm not entirely pleased with the amount of bulk the covered zip ends creates in the top corners (& I only used 1 layer of wadding instead of 2 suggested in the pattern).



However, I was pleased with the finished size of the purses, and with an added wristlet to the design I think they turned out v.cute. 

Let's hope the 3 sisters think so too!

6 comments:

  1. Definitely cute! I think the covered zip ends are a really nice feature - makes them look super professional, so maybe worth the bother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely - I bet you will end up with a steady trickle of out-grown clothes coming your way if this is the reward!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous purses and I so won't be making you one for PIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the 3 sisters will love them! They are so bright and cheerful and homemade-- how could they not?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo