Sunday 15 May 2011

Anyone want a handmade pressie?

Some of you may have heard of a concept called 'Pay It Forward' via other blogs, or the film a few years ago:


In blogland, this is how it works:

  1. I will make a little something for the first 3 people who comment on this post. It will be a surprise and it will arrive when you least expect it.
  2. I will have 365 days to do it in. What's the catch? To get a handmade present from me, you have to play too! This means YOU pledge to send a little handmade something to 3 readers of your blog. It doesn't have to be quilty - just handmade.
  3. You must have a blog.
  4. Once you receive your "little something", you must post about your Pay it Forward on your blog to keep the fun going - be sure to use the Pay It Forward badge.


Well, the lovely Hadley over at Flying Blind on a Rocket Cycle decided to do PIF a few months ago, so I signed up. 

However, with the steady shrinkage of my memory cells over the years, I forgot all about it.  Then the equally lovely Susan, Canadian Abroad was talking about it on her blog.  I mentioned I had signed up one time but couldn't remember who with.  So she very kindly suggested that I become her 3rd PIF person!  How could I refuse? 

Then Hadley reminded me of my first committment!  Thanks H!

So the good news is, I now have 6 people to gift to!  Wooohooo! 

So if you fancy a wee something from me, sometime in the next year, & want the opportunity to spread the love, then sign up here (& DON'T FORGET WHO YOU SIGNED UP WITH!!!!!).


3 comments:

  1. I'm in :) Being something on the slow side today I'm checking I don't need to blog about this now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'd love a wee handmade pressie from you when I least expect it throughout the year! WHat fun! And, I will PIF myself (although that blog post will have to wait a week or two.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love something from you if there is still room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo