Thursday 5 May 2016

Bags and Crutches!

Apologies for the radio silence!

It's been over a week since I last blogged and in that time, we have entered into a new month (and hopefully a new season!).

Also since I last blogged, I've had car trouble, teeth trouble, and now ankle trouble!

Crutches ..... again!


My 2nd bad sprain in 10 months! Boo!

But I'm getting better at hobbling faster, and can even manage the foot pedal on my sewing machine!
Win, win!

So onto to much more fun stuff like sewing!

Popular Patchwork release 13 issues per year.  Their extra issue is a bag special, which comes out today!

Guess who made the front cover?

Lunchbags (Popular Patchwork Bag Special May16)

My fun appliqued lunchbags are insulated with heat resistant wadding (Insul Bright) and have wipeable and washable linings (rip-stop).

Lunch Bag Class samples

There's also a handy elastic bottle holder to stop your drink from squishing your sarnies!

Lunch bag


And another of my bags features in this issue!

Summer Flowers Bag (Popular Patchwork Bag special May16)

This is my Summer Flowers Handbag, using pretty fabrics from the aptly named Pretty Fabrics and Trims, made into Economy squares, with Essex linen and faux leather handles from Fabric Yard.

Summer Flowers Handbag (Popular Patchwork Bag Special May16)

Features include an zippered pocket at the back and a magnetic closure.  You can also learn how to mitre a striped border.

This is a roomy bag, which could easily take a towel for fun days at the beach!

So that's me up to date!

I will try to stay out of trouble, for a few days anyway!

Happy sewing!

Jude xo

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being on the front cover and in print !!! Hope you will recover soon from your ankle sprain, they are not fun! Take Care. From Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You poor thing, what were you doing this time? Mine is still not right after spraining it last summer - I hope you back to normal activity soon. Your summer flowers handbag is gorgeous - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Cover Girl, take it a bit more slowly though, thank goodness just a sprain and not a break!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your wonderful bags, the front cover is well deserved. Good luck with the ankle. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope things get better soon .. at least the month of sewing is going well! lol x Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bags, Judith! Congrats on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bag! Hope your ankle is getting better x

    ReplyDelete
  8. สล็อต 777

    ด้วยกฎกติกา รูปแบบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นเล่นง่าย สามารถเล่นได้ทุกเพศ ทุกวัย เหมาะสำหรับผู้ใช้ทั้งรายเก่าและรายใหม่ สามารถพกพาความสนุกติดตามไปได้ทุกที่ ไม่ว่าจะอยู่ที่ไหน

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo