Thursday 3 March 2016

Tumbler Stacks Baby Quilt

Earlier this year, Quilt Now sent me a few fat quarters from the 'Pitter Patter' collection by Michael Miller, and asked me to come up with something for their March issue.


The fabrics have adorable little clouds, raindrops and stars! So I thought a baby quilt was in order.


I decided on a tumbler quilt, mainly because I could whizz the fabrics quick smart through my Sizzix (don't worry, templates are provided by the magazine)! But also because the tumbler shape would lend itself nicely to these cute directional prints.

Tumbler Stacks Cot Quilt for Quilt Now
Approx. 37" x 45"
If using directional prints like me, you will need to alternate the direction of your prints when cutting out the tumbler shapes. As you can see, they get stacked top to toe!

Tumbler Stacks Cot Quilt for Quilt Now

I decided to keep the zigzagged edges, and it wasn't difficult at all to get the binding around those gentle angles.

Tumbler Stacks Cot Quilt for Quilt Now

A lady in one of my classes has already made this and it is beautiful (wish I'd taken a pic)! 

If you'd like to make one of your own, then pick up a copy of Quilt Now (March). And if you subscribe to the magazine, you get a free bundle of Pitter Patter fabrics!!


Happy Tumbling!

Jude xo

4 comments:

  1. Sweet fabrics and a very cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice Tumbler variation and love the zig zag edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this variation of the tumbler. I recently made a couple of baby quilts with the tumbler, i love them as they come together so quickly (I always use my Sizzix for precise cutting too). x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo