Wednesday 20 March 2013

Oops!

I've been helping a lovely lady get her blocks finished for her Brit Bee Star quilt.

Using some of her luscious fabrics I made up 2 star blocks:

Terri's star blocks

The first one is from this tutorial. The 2nd one is from a template I had been asked to use in a previous bee.  But I completely forgot that when I made these blocks before they finish up less than 12.5", due to sizing differences when downloading the templates.  Darn!  I have a sieve for brains!

Thankfully the blocks are still useable, phew!

I also got these blocks made for Bee Blessed, using this tutorial:

Bee Blessed Blocks Mar13

These are such fun to make! Thank you everyone for sending in such lovely blocks this month.

I also got my nephew's Plus quilt quilted today, and am looking forward to an evening in front of the telly sewing on the binding!

Have a great Wednesday!

P.S. The concert last night was brilliant!  The only tears came when my bum went numb after sitting for 3.5hrs! LOL!




12 comments:

  1. 3.5hrs!!! That is one long concert and you think that the school would not do that to you. Loving the blocks. You are always such a perfect piecer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I love the reverse churns. That's such a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks, and I feel for your bum, if you know what I mean ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! Hope your bum has feeling again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab blocks, so bright and cheery :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks. I told you to watch your pressure areas! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Numb bum - love it! And the blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab blocks! Love H's concern for your posterior!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo