I'm starting to accumulate a few quilt tops! Most unlike me as I tend to work on 1 quilt at a time, usually for a specific person or project.
However like the magic porridge pot, they just seem to be growing by themselves!
So I decided to move them on another stage and get them basted.
Around this time last year, I took part in the Across the Seas QAL, thinking I would make a baby quilt for my friend who was pregnant at the time, just in case she had a boy!
She had a girl!
So I lost interest in the quilt, despite having the front and back made. The QAL ended and the quilt got relegated to the bottom drawer!
Then I unearthed my Brit Bee quilt top, from January this year! I LOVE my Brit Bee quilt - I still smile each time I look at the blocks made by my girls!
But I didn't know what to do on the back of this quilt. So it got parked!
It is now half basted, while I slowly hatch a plan for the back. As the theme of the front was log cabin, I'm thinking a Leanne style mahusive log cabin back! Stark raving or what!
Ferry Floor is a quilt top I made this Autumn & I plan to teach it next year. It is now basted both front and back waiting to be quilted.
And finally, my own vintage sheets quilt is now basted and ready for quilting (I even have the binding made!).
It's satisfying when projects can be moved on a stage! But boy is there still loads to do!
Onwards and upwards!