Saturday 12 February 2011

Table Topper

March is going to be table runner month for my classes (also called table toppers). 

I've had a jelly roll sitting about my sewing room for some months now, thinking I'd 'save' it for a quilt one day (that day never arrived!).  I finally plucked up the courage to pull the ribbon and unfold the roll.  Only fellow quilters will understand the sheer delight of experiencing jelly rolls! The revelation of colours and patterns, all coordinated, demanding to be created into a feast for the eyes (not to mention pre-cut strips - yeah!).





 
Anyway, I decided to create an easy table topper using some of my jelly roll.  This pattern is really easy and will be suitable for all abilities.  I took my lead from the table runner tutorial posted on Diary of a Quilter which shows you how to use up lengths of scraps.




I still have loads of strips left over (although only half a purple strip left as the binding used up most of those).  My daughter thinks the prints are very funky so I might make her something with the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo