Wednesday 22 May 2013

Going Back - Across the Sea!

Anyone remember the 'Across the Sea' QAL hosted by Sarah and Jennifer in September '11 (was it really that long ago!  Eeeek!)?

Across the Sea QALF front & back

It was a really cute pattern, and I got as far as making the front and back, stalled for a bit, then basted it last year, and stalled again!

Well, one of my sister's staff has had a baby, and I promised her this quilt, should the bundle of joy be a boy!

Across the seas boy quilt 002

A little boy called 'Felix' arrived safe and sound last week, so that was my motivation to finally get it quilted, bound, washed and posted off to big sis!

PicMonkey Collage2


It only took me an evening to finish it!  Why did I wait 18 months?!




14 comments:

  1. A finish is a finish. Looks brilliant and an excellent boy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect finish, and it was meant to be for Felix all the time! That's why you waited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic and what a great gift

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that quilt, that was the first one I ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Katy this was my first quilt and the QAL made me want to blog! I am really glad that you finished it and found a little one to gift it too. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab gift for a newborn. It's such a brilliant boy quilt - I really love the wide straight line quilting, seems just so unfussy but effective at the same time. (I am hoping some of my UFOs might miraculously take me only an evening to finish too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous finish and perfect for little Felix! He will love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely to see an ATS quilt again! Gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gift for the new little one! and it just waited for the right moment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you get to count it in 2013s finishes! I really love it. It's the colours. Reminds me of your plus quilt for your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea - I loved that QAL and it's still one of my favourite quilts. Love this Jude - well done for finishing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. But doesn't it feel great when you do bite the bullet and finish something? I'm sure it will be cherished x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You waited because it was for Felix and he hadn't been born yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo