Tuesday 7 May 2013

Cooking in Style!

Well, I'm still making a right old mess painting furniture in my sewing room!!

So I thought I'd show you something that hasn't had the chance to get messy ...... yet!!

Apron 002

This is my second apron, made for the Apron Workshop happening this Saturday. You can see the first one I made here.

I made this one from a vintage bed valance, hence the frilly bit round the bottom.

Apron 003

I love the retro feel of this one!  It has the same useful pocket at the front, and the waistband can be tied at the back or the front.

Apron 004

Instead of a matching brooch, I made a cute matching headband.

Apron 005

No reason to not look fabulous in the kitchen now!!  (what a shame I hate cooking!!)

(There are still a few places left on Saturday's workshop if you fancy a fun day of sewing!)

I used this tutorial for the headband, and made one for my daughter last week, to match her blue school uniform.

Headband

These are super easy to make, and I'm pretty sure I'll be making more of them!

Hope you are enjoying some sunshine today!



11 comments:

  1. I want to see you decked out in the whole outfit, frying pan in hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the apron.....too good to be cooking in! Sorry I can't make that one :( I'm treking the n.coast on sat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely more a goddess of the sewing variety than a kitchen one! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Apron!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to fly Susan in to do the cooking or one of her talented daughters! Or why not send one of yours to Susan ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very vintage chic. What an amazing valance - makes today's valances look very boring by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The apron is great and the headband is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful Judith! I saw again yesterday the movie Julie & Julie with Meryl Streep cooking and wearing her perles. We can use lovely apron and sew! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pinny - bet it makes nice cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pinny and headband. I'll have to try that style myself as the one I made the other day just wasn't doing it for me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo