Sunday 16 October 2011

A day of Kind Stitches

Yesterday I spent a lovely day in the North Coast countryside with 2 lovely people.

My friend Sarah and I drove up to Karen's house to spend the day sewing blocks and quilt tops for Karen's Kind Stitches Charity.

The surroundings were stunning, the food & hospitality was amazing (thank you K) and of course the chat was constant!

But we also got some sewing done!

Remember the Wot Nots? L-R Sarah, Karen, Me
Many of you have been contributing 6.5" blocks to Karen over the past weeks, and we managed to get a girl's quilt top finished and a boy's quilt top almost finished (there are more incriminating pics on Karen's blog!).


These will eventually be non-wadded quilts for children who have been trafficked in Thailand, and Karen will take them out herself in November.

Thank you Karen for a wonderful day!

For more info on this wonderful charitable project, check out Karen's blog.

And I'll leave you with a pic of the fabric I'm contributing to Strawberry Patch's Christmas Fabric Charm Swap:
Wallpaper in Red, England Swings by Rebekah Merkl
This lovely fabric & the England Swings Collection is available from River Fabrics.

There are 28 of us each sending a metre's worth of 5" squares (56) to Emily, who will mix them all up and send us back 56 different charm squares!

Great idea and my first fabric swap.  

I haven't a notion what I'm going to make with these charm squares, maybe I'll be inspired when I have them all in my hand.  

You can check out the fabrics that others in the group are donating here.

Take it easy!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day and for a good cause. The quilts/top look great!! And I love the fabric you selected for the swap. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab looking quilt.

    I have to admit, I've taken to signing up for fabric swaps, where for about $2 I can pay for someone else to have it delivered there and cut it for me. This may make me a terrible person, but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you three had such fun doing something truly good, once again! I'll be moving to Ireland at this rate - just so I can join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you ladies had such a lovely time xxx
    Uh-oh, Katy's on the Echino swap again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt looks fab! Love the England Swings range fabric swaps are fun. They were the first kind of swaps I ever took part in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you all had a great day, I saw the other quilts over on Karens blog.
    Your fabric for the swap is lovely, I sent mine off yesterday: can't wait to get them all back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your day looks as if it was both fun and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you had a fantastic day! Wish I could stitch along with such a lovely group of ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great day and the quilt tops are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt tops! great work ladies. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo