Tuesday 25 November 2014

A 'Pinny' Kind of Day!

Today was all about pin cushions!

Pin cushions

I've been wanting to try out the Cathedral Windows pin cushion for a long time, ever since I started seeing them around blogland!  I used this tutorial.

Cathedral Windows Pin-cushions

Just like regular Cathedral Windows, they are fiddly to make, but I really like the colourful finish! And it's a great way to use up spare 2.5" squares!

Next was the snowball pin cushion!

Snowball pin cushion

This was a kit (available from Quilter's Quest), and again fiddly to make.  But I think the end results are so worth it!  Aren't the ear-muffs so cute!!

Not sure I would want to stick pins in Mr Snowman's head, but I'll leave that up to the recipient of this one!!

Jude xo

8 comments:

  1. off to check out the tutorial now for the Cathedral window ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome, love the snowball

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of the cathedral window and love your pincushions - thanks for the link. Your snowman pincushion is so cute and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the snowman - not sure I could stick a pin in him either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very cute, but yeah, not sure I could stick the snowman with pins!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo