Sunday 9 February 2014

"Just Keep Swimming!"

Dory was my favourite character from the film 'Finding Nemo'!  Probably because I could totally relate to this ditsy, forgetful little creature that always seemed to be going round and round in circles!


But amidst a super busy week, Dory's famous line 'just keep swimming' became a great & profound motivator!! 

At least my week ended on a high, watching my dear friend inspire and share her talent at her very first Embroidery workshop.

Embroidery Workshop Feb14

Sarah had some of her own beautiful work with her to inspire the class.

Embroidery Workshop Feb14
Just a few of her amazing makes
And the morning was spent practising an armoury of stitches and useful techniques.

Embroidery Workshop Feb14

After lunch the ladies got down to business, tracing their chosen designs and starting to stitch them up!

I didn't get any pics here, as they weren't finished in time, but I'm hoping photos of finishes will be emailed in to me (hint, hint!).  These are Sarah's designs the ladies were re-creating!

Embroidery workshop samples

Thank you Sarah for sharing your talents and knowledge. It was a fun, relaxing day!

And well done ladies on some stunning stitchery!  Keep swimming!

Jude xo

17 comments:

  1. I love the designs, I bet the class was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that Sarah did you proud. Her embroidery hoops are just gorgeous.
    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey look how attentive they are, I must have been saying something useful! They were such a lovely bunch and I really enjoyed the day sharing my passion. Thank you for trusting me. And, yes it would be brilliant if they would email you finish pics so I can see too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have had great fun! well done all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work, well done to Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I adore the owl and need to get back to Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got to the end of the week in one piece, the class looks like it was a great success :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know that feeling! But I didn't get to share in Sarah's skills :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Well done Sarah! Thanks for sharing the pics Jude :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fab day. I'm really going to have to give embroidery a go soon.....so many lovely projects out there x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great day, love the camper van. I recently rehung an alphabet sampler from a few years ago, I still have a couple of embroidery kits I must get out and have a look at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME! Sarah, that looks like an amazing class! J, keep paddling :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, we are always attentive, you know that !!! It was a great day, very relaxing and lots of fun. You are inspirational. Will try and get a photo .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo! Sarah is teaching. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! I so with I could've come along to Sarah's inaugural class... Maybe she'll give another class over the summer?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Umm, you've never struck me as a ditsy Dory before! Just keep swimming is a good motto for any day. Like the old mantra one foot in front of the other. Sarah's stitcheries are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo