Sunday 24 July 2016

Retro Beach Bag!

I have a confession to make!

I'm a closet hippy!  Born a decade too late, I've been repressed ever since!!

So nothing delights me more than sewing with retro, funky fabric!

Beach Bag (Pretty Patches Aug16)
Fabric is 'Linen Cupboard' by Emma Jean Jansen for Ella Blue
This is my Retro Beach Bag in the August issue of Pretty Patches.

Beach Bag (Pretty Patches Aug16)

I love the simplicity of beach bags - roomy, sturdy and with 'make it easier' features like webbing for handles and mesh for outside pockets.


I also love projects that are functional and practical, so I've made the lining with wipeable Rip-Stop nylon, and a detachable 'wet bag' for your swimming costume and drippy sun lotions.

Beach Bag (Pretty Patches Aug16)

I know some of you have a 'zip phobia', but trust me when I say this is one of the easiest ways to insert a zipper.  The entire bag is made first, and then the zip is top stitched onto the top of the bag.

Simples!

Here's the same pattern done in Ikea 'deco' weight fabrics (unquilted).

Bethany's Beach Bag

So if you don't want an over-complicated, summer bag, have a go at this beginner friendly pattern and get in touch with your inner hippy!

Peace man!

Jude xo

5 comments:

  1. The colours in this are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete


  2. RR
    เกม Candy Dreams ของทางค่าย Evoplay Slot เกมนี้มาในธีมลูกอมและขนมหวานสไตล์เดียวกับ Candy Crush
    แต่จะเน้นโทนสีพาสเทล ฟ้าอ่อน ชมพูอ่อน เหมือนขนมสายไหมและมาชเมลโล่ ให้ความรู้สึกหวานแหววและฟูนุ่มเบาสบาย สาว ๆ เห็นแล้วน่าจะชอบเกมนี้ไม่น้อย
    สล็อต1234
    สล็อต1234

    ReplyDelete
  3. มันก็บันถอนหัวใจ
    slot auto wallet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo