Wednesday 9 December 2015

It's A Boy!

A good friend of mine recently had the cutest little bundle of joy!

She already knew she was having a boy, which meant I could get a little something made in time for the important arrival!

Baby Boy Quilt

My friend loves bright, scrappy and low volume!  I don't often get the opportunity to 'think boy' so I couldn't resist sticking to a blue colourway.

Baby Boy Quilt

It was pure 'playtime' pulling fabrics that would work in a graduated way. I tried to graduate the LVs also, but it's not just so obvious.

Baby Boy Quilt

Even the free motion stippling went smoothly!

My friend has now received the quilt and with a dino print on the back (no pics sorry!) 'Mr Cute and Cuddly' can hopefully enjoy lots of gurgle time on his new quilt!

Jude xo

10 comments:

  1. Such a cute quilt !! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute quilt !! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt, such a personal and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jude that is a beautiful design how talented are you!!!
    best d

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never get tired of seeing chevron quilts, this is perfect for a happy baby boy. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome quilt! I like the scrappy look and the color gradation, what a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, Judith, though i think the quilt looks even better in person! I know Ryan's going to love exploring all the prints. Feeling very blessed by my wonderful friends! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo