Monday 16 February 2015

Big Bird Bag!

It's nearly a week since my last post, I thought it was time to check in!

Uni daughter is home for a week (squeee!) and with two family birthdays and also half term here, there are lots of girls, giggles and cakes around the house once more!

Beginners tote bag

Yesterday I rustled up a simple Tote bag sample for a couple of beginner quilters in my class. This is a roomy bag, finishing around 18" x 17" and great for using up a few more scraps!  I recycled a denim belt for the handles and used trusty Essex yarn dyed linen for the main body!

Beginners tote bag
Hello Big Bird!
I've also been progressing my crochet top.  The back is done and I'm working my way up the front!

Crochet top

Only once before have I attempted a crochet garment, a long time ago, and it was never finished! So fingers crossed I have better luck with this one!

Sadly, my boiler is playing up again!  No heating for the 3rd time in 2 weeks! Boo!

So there was nothing else for it!

Half an M&S strawberry cheesecake was definitely harmed in the making of this blog post!
Hope you've had a wonderfully, creative week!

Jude xo

6 comments:

  1. Love your tote and your crochet looks amazing. Fingers crossed so you can finish it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your 'beginners' will be thrilled to make such a gorgeous bag. Enjoy your week girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the crochet looks beautiful. Can't wear to see you model it. Have a fun girly week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just asked Sarah where she gets her linen, have been looking for some. Great tote bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the heating has finally been sorted out, have fun with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bag, Judith! I know I'm coming to this late, but I hope the heating is sorted out once and for all now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo