Sunday 15 June 2014

A While Ago...

.... I finished a quilt and cushion commission for my mum's bestie!

Commission Quilt & Cushion

The lovely lady in question reads my blog (waving to C!) & has now received her pressie, so now I can show you what I made her!

Commission Quilt & Cushion

C chose the French General layer cake, quickly eliminated the dark browns, which left me scratching my head for a suitable design.

Granny squares seemed appropriate, and with a little extra yardage thrown in, the lap quilt came together lovely, with some leftover squares for a matching cushion!


Commission Quilt & Cushion


I did however sneak the rejected 'browns' into the back!

Commission Quilt & Cushion
 
So glad you like your quilt C!  Enjoy!

And if you haven't signed up yet for my Stash Builder Giveaway, go here!

Jude xo

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful gift! French General fabrics are always so cosy and comforting looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty quilt and pillow. I like the sneaky way to use brown, too. I must remember that for next time when I have to use brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quilt and what a bonus a cushion too, back also very nice, I rather like the brown fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. it worked really well x I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with red and never feel satisfied with my choices x you did well with these x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a french general quilt for a friend last year and liked the soft colours. The brown piecing on the back works great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sashing, it makes the quilt so light (hope you know what I mean) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the sneaky brown on the back - fab idea. Gorgeous pattern for the reds you kept - I'm sure it's going to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt and I love the way the brown works in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful and it's always impressive when the back is also so stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo