Saturday 31 May 2014

Quilt Top In A Day!

Today was a Quilt Top In A Day workshop at In Stitches!

Brick Layer Cake Quilt Top Workshop

Sarah very kindly let me teach her Brick Layer Cake quilt pattern, but to be honest I did very little teaching.  Sarah had everything under control and the well written pattern flowed beautifully!

Brick Layer Cake Quilt Top Workshop

The ladies did brilliantly today, chopping up their layer cake and reassembling them into beautiful quilt tops!  Our youngest sewer today was only 11 and that's hers in the middle of the mosaic! 

Well done everyone! You are all super-stars!

And if you would like to have a go at this brilliant pattern, you can find the free tutorial of it here on Sarah's blog.

Jude xo

13 comments:

  1. I had a ball just helping out today nd seeing all those lovely lyer cakes become quilt tops. Our youngest friend is an inspiration in fearless sewing and knowing your own mind about fabric - she did brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic idea, this would make an amazing quick quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a talented 11 year old, can see her making the most spectacular quilts when she is a bit older. Very nice quilts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing how great your classes are. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Susan said! And you and Sarah clearly make a brilliant team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They made lovely quilts. You get inspired if you can finish a top in a day! Very good from the 11-year old patchworker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilts! If only I lived over the water so that I could come and benefit from your wonderful classes x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great results, well done girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing the mosaics of all the different colour and fabric interpretations of the same pattern. Clever ladies and very clever teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photos of what your students create. You have some wonderfully talented students with great taste in fabric/color. Great job, super teacher(s)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo