Wednesday 17 July 2013

Seeing Stars!

Sewing stars has to be one of the most satisfying things to make!

There are a wide range of star styles available, from quick and easy, to the more technical paper pieced ones.

A particular favourite star of mine is the wonky star!


Bee Blessed Wonky Star Quilts
Bee Blessed Wonky Star Quilts
What I love about this star is that every one you make is unique, because of the organic/imprecise way that the star is put together.

With this is mind, it is a great project to teach folks who haven't attempted stars before, and want a gentle introduction to sewing triangles and working with bias edges.

The project I'll be teaching in August is a Wonky Star cushion (18"), combining the wonky star block into a cushion.

Wonky Star Cushion Class samples

The cushion has a discreetly hidden zipper (another great wee technique to learn) and I've designed the cushion so that you get a positive/negative effect from your 2 chosen fabrics.

Wonky Star Cushion Class Sample

Smaller projects like cushions are also a great way to try out different quilting techniques!  You can even quilt the front and back differently, getting 2 cushions in one!

Wonky Star Cushion Class Sample

There are still a few places available on the Wonky Star cushion class.  If you fancy having a go at this really fun project, drop me an email to justjudedesigns@hotmail.co.uk.

Alternatively, you can buy the pattern here and have a go yourself!

Wonky Star Cushion Class (4 weeks): Monday evenings starting 5th August.

8 comments:

  1. looking good x hope you get a full class x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab, good luck with the class. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only! There will be more lovely cushions in NI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I guess the pattern is more economical than flying over for class! Darn it! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Judith......just love the cushion. I with Di would love to attend but I think its the pattern for me. Have a great day Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cushions Judith. Shame I live so far away. I'd love to join in your workshop. db

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous wonkies Jude - it'll be a fab class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, like the 'opposites' option :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo