Saturday 27 April 2013

Words to Inspire!

Today in Bee Blessed we had the wonderful privilege of presenting a quilt to one of our members.

Bee Blessed Quilt Apr13
I'd be lying if I said no-one cried!!!
This quilt is actually for B's son, who broke his back in a skiing accident.  He was and continues to be an inspiration to many, and we hope that this quilt will spur him on in his recovery.

Credit for this quilt has to be given to my special friend, who did 90% of the piecing!

Bee Blessed Quilt Apr13

It was long-arm quilted by another friend, in a wonderful circular pattern.

Bee Blessed Quilt Apr13

Because this is such a big quilt, and because I had very little time to get the binding on before presentation day, I machine sewed the binding down!  Not my preferred method of doing binding, but I'm delighted with how well this turned out.

Bee Blessed Quilt Apr13

We also got a few more baby quilts finished today!

Bee Blessed Baby Quilt

Bee Blessed Quilt Apr13

And just look what came out of my garden today!

First pickings! Apr13

A productive day all round I'd say!

I hope you've had a sunny, creative day too!





14 comments:

  1. The word quilt is wonderful. You girls have done such a good job on it. The BB team have produced some lovelies. The rhubarb looks yummy (I love the stuff). Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is superb - I hope it inspires and comforts him as he recovers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the word quilt, and the others are rather nice too! My mum was hacking away at her rhubarb yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The word quilt is a beauty, the BB ladies have done gooooood! And Rhubarb! Squeeeeeee! Mmmm, crumble! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing quilt, Judith and baby quilts are lovely! I want rhubarb pie! We don't have them in Greece and miss them so much from Finland! With the leaves and cement, you make garden 'tiles' and bowls! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just the most amazing quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks amazing with the lovely circular bubble quilting and binding finished. How on earth did you get that so exact? So sorry I couldn't have been there, but maybe best for if I had it would have been a wash out. I'm welling up just thinking about that quilt and B and her son.

    Hope you have super baking daughter on the job with that rhubarb today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a lovely experience to be there :) See you all next month :) PS - I made 3 extra April blocks at home yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your group continues to make the best quilts, and lots of them. I am sure that quilt will be well loved, and the little ones are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous quilt: you have both done such an amazing job. And I love the bubble quilting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job ladies :-) Whats the plan for the Rhubarb? Crumble? mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great day! I love your inspirational quilt. The bright colors on the dark background look amazing. The little squares in squares are always a treat. Gorgeous quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work Judith, the inspirational words quilt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo