Wednesday 19 December 2012

A Senior Modern Maud

A senior relative in my family has been using one of my bags for several years now.  It goes absolutely everywhere with her and it has seen better days!  The best kind of compliment a bag maker can have!

So I thought it was time to make her a new one!

My oh so reliable Modern Maud to the rescue!

Modern Maud for Glenda Dec12
 
This pattern was named after another senior member of my family, my Nanny, sadly not with us anymore. 

I think these colours are to my relative's tastes and style.  She has also been one of my main 'suppliers' of vintage lace, buttons and remnants, so I'm 'giving' back some of her donated buttons!

Modern Maud for Glenda Dec12

There are 2 spacious pockets inside, one zippered with an easy to grab zipper pull.

Modern Maud for Glenda Dec12

And hopefully the feet & reinforced base will keep this bag sturdy as it gets dragged around used plenty!

Modern Maud for Glenda Dec12

So that's another Christmas pressie ticked off the list!

And if you wnat some Liberty lush in your stocking this year, check out this lovely giveaway!

(I may have more giveaway news here tomorrow - just saying!)





12 comments:

  1. If I were your senior member of the family I'd be delighted to bits! Such a thoughtful and lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another happy person in your family I would think. Love the buttons and the contrast they make with the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern and it s on my 'to do' list! Your relative will be one happy lady when she opens her parcel and finds this beauty. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Modern Maud is looking very smart in her patchy outer design. Somebody's gonnahave a great Christmas morning opening that parcel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a compliment, isnt it, to know that a bag you've made someone has been used to the point of destruction! I'm sure the replacement will go down well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift: bet she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, and sounds like it will be greatly appreciated :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one Jude! What a lovely idea, to replace the beloved bag with one that will be loved just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that bag is stunning! you are so good at making bags! love the colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bag is gorgeous! I particularly love the striped lining. Bit of a fan of stripes and denim tones here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo