Wednesday 15 February 2012

Quilt for Beginners

Well I beavered away all day and got my Beginners Quilt finished last night.

Finished size approx. 58" x 68"
I used a colourful duvet cover for the back.
 

This simple design will provide my beginners with a safe introduction to quilt making, as well as having fun with colour placement.

I also managed to get the cushion made for Sarah's Sew Get Started Beginner series tutorials, and my fqs from The Fat Quarter Shop arrived so I got those cut up and I'm now ready to start piecing my nephew's quilt.

Interestingly, I ordered these fqs from USA on the same day I ordered bondaweb from the UK (Ebay).  I'm still waiting on the bondaweb!! 'Nuff said!

Btw, I'm writing up some class notes on how to spray baste a quilt & am happy to put this up on my blog as a tutorial if anyone is interested? 

Hope you are having a great half term week.

14 comments:

  1. love the quilt and the quilting. I'd be interested in your notes for spray basting a quilt as I struggle every time with trying to get the layers together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks great and wil get your class really raring to make their own xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beginners quilt, and I love the quilting on it! Always up for a wee tute from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, sure your beginners will have fun with it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours in that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute quilt!
    I do love The Fat Quarter Shop they have such good service! I feel bad ordering from the US but even with postage it works out cheaper than a lot of stores here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quilt, the simplicity of it works perfectly. And I can't wait to see your cushion. I buy from the US all the time, the exchange rate of dollar to euro is much better than sterling, and mostly the stuff takes only 4-5 days to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great beginner's quilt, J! Love the window pane quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely contrast of colours in the beginners' quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great beginners quilt. I made a quilt using this chess board type pattern just last year because I had been given a charm pack for my birthday and it seemed the sensible way to get a quilt out of it - with a few additions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those colours in the quilt. Go ahead and tell me how to spray baste. I'll follow instructions if I ever splurge on the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilt, your beginners are going to have so much fun! I can't think of a better person to introduce them to the joys of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks fab! and you are so fast, all quilted and bound already, I need to take a leaf out of your book :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo